Tuesday, April 15, 2008

my machadinho is finished!!!

A few months ago a fellow named Tho X. Bui started making this guitar for me.  It's going to be tuned like my banjo (D-G-B-D).  I've anxiously been watching his progress online since December.  It should be here in Chicago sometime next week.  I'm really, really excited about it and just know it's going to sound fantastic.  As you can see, it has two output jacks -- one for the humbucker and one with a dynamic mic to pick up the acoustic sound.

Tho is a violinist and makes and sells a lot of interesting instruments.  You can see some of them on his homepage, thoxbui.com.

1 comment:

Chip Duford said...

That is one sweet git-fiddle! I've been looking for a vintage gibson archtop tenor guitar myself. Love the look ... hope it plays as well as it looks.

BTW ... haven't heard any ukulele tunes recently!

Chip DuFord